Monday, January 03, 2011

Summer Reading


This week I'm taking time to read by the beach and savour the summer holidays with family. The beach bag is stuffed with books I've had within reach all year and saved for lazy January afternoons. I would like to say I won't be back 'til they're all read, but even I know my limitations.

I always pack more books than I know I could possibly read, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Books are like friends. Just having them nearby is delicious enough, with their promise of escape to other worlds and bygone days.

So you'll excuse me for a little bit, won't you? It's time to disappear into the world of after-lunch naps and walks along the water. I have my toes to wiggle into the sand and my imagination to free into the lives of Australian pioneers in 1854.

Until I return to the real world.... blessings for the New Year and days ahead. May we delight in God's story for us as He scripts another new chapter in our lives.