Monday, April 22, 2013

Joan Wolf - Daughters Of Jerusalem


Joan Wolf is a New York Times, USA Today and WASHINGTON POST best-selling author. She has lived most of her adult life with her husband in Milford, Connecticut, where she raised two children and an assortment of horses, dogs, and cats. Along the way she also managed to write forty-six published novels – the writing of which profoundly enriched her life.


Daughter of Jerusalem ~ In this fictionalized story of one of the Bible’s most compelling women, best-selling author Joan Wolf beautifully recreates the history romance, and tradition of the world of Mary Magdalene. Daughter of Jerusalem follows Mary’s life from her first love, through her loveless marriage, to the moment she first hears of a miracle worker in her town by the name of Jesus of Nazareth and decides to become his disciple.



As this inspiring novel reminds us, Mary was the first to witness history’s greatest moment -the resurrection of Christ.  She was a woman who sought forgiveness for her sins, and a following of God who yearned for a deeper faith. She was Jesus’ beloved disciple. Read Mary Magdalene’s story and find yourself in this remarkable woman’s journey to discover the Kingdom of God.

Want to know more about the writer of this remarkable story? Here's a few of Joan's secrets... 

If I could go anywhere in the world tomorrow... it would be to Israel.

One thing I enjoyed today was... a wonderful ride on my beloved horse, Romeo.  We attempt dressage and today he was really terrific. 

A secret pleasure of mine is... chocolate!  A pleasure I’m sure I share with many readers. It's soooooo good. 

A moment that changed my life was... when my life-long burden of migraine headaches was lifted. I thank God every day for this miracle. 

When I was a child I... read a book about a woman married to a Canadian Mountie and that's all I wanted to be. Not the wife, of course, but the Mountie. It was my first experience of the limits of being a girl. 

I probably shouldn’t tell you this, but... my favorite book in the world is called Kristen Lavransdatter by Sugrid Undset. I know, you'll say What?????? Everybody does. It's a great book though, I promise you.  

*****

Thanks for visiting with us this week, Joan. Daughter of Jerusalem sounds like an amazing read. I'm sorry you never got to be a Canadian Mountie because you're a girl. I'm hoping the great books you've sunk into with quality chocolate at hand have softened the blow a little. But seriously, what an inspiration to know Jesus included women among his most beloved disciples and followers. I'm so glad you've brought the story of Mary Magdalene to new readers. 

*****

I have a copy of Joan's Daughter of Jerusalem for one Ink Dots to giveaway to one Ink Dots visitor. If you'd like to be in the running to win leave a comment below. Tell us if you ever wanted to pursue a career you weren't allowed to. 

I thought I might be a nun after watching The Sound of Music, but I was informed I was not the right religion. So I played the soundtrack and sang along to all my favourite songs instead. 

How about you? I'll announce the winner on Friday. 
Good luck and happy reading,