Monday, October 21, 2013

Melissa Jagears ~ A Bride For Keeps


It's a pleasure to welcome Melissa Jagears to Ink Dots. Melissa's an ESL teacher by trade, and a stay-at-home mother on a tiny Kansas farm with a fixer-upper house. She's a member of ACFW and CROWN fiction marketing, and her passion is to help Christian believers mature in their faith and judge rightly. Her debut novel A Bride for Keeps released last month to rave reviews. Congratulations, Melissa!

A Bride For Keeps ~ Everett Cline can hardly keep up with the demands of his homestead, but he won’t humiliate himself by looking for a wife again—not after being jilted by three mail-order brides. So when a well-meaning neighbor takes matters into her own hands, Everett is less than pleased . . . especially when a beautiful, cultured woman from the east responds. One glimpse at Julia Lockwood is enough to convince him that she is not cut out for the harshness of prairie life. 

Despite Everett’s misgivings, can he and his unexpected bride let down their defenses long enough to discover that the truest love can be the one that’s unlooked-for?

*****

Melissa says....

If I could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, it would be... A deserted island with a nice beach that happens to be having beautiful weather tomorrow with absolutely nothing to do. 

One thing I enjoyed today is... The extra bit of sleep I got because the kiddos slept in.

A secret pleasure of mine is... Napping…. for hours. I'm detecting a sleeping thread. Perhaps a new-born in the mix has tilted the household more to sleep than ever before. Congratulations on baby Nathan's arrival. 

A moment that changed my life is... Being given my first child by the nurse at the hospital and told we could leave….as if we knew what to do!

When I was a child I wanted to... Grow up to be an editor…. no teacher, marine biologist, or astronaut dreams for me!

I probably shouldn’t tell you this, but... I’m the most unromantic woman in the world. A romance author who can’t stand Valentine’s day, doesn’t want surprise gifts of any kind, can’t stand jewelry, live flowers, planted flowers, candles, or fancy chocolate, barely remembers her own anniversary, can rarely bring herself to say anything sappy, and whose hubby has to grab her before she walks away because he wanted to kiss her and she didn’t even realize it has to be a fraud, right? I'd say wrong... If you're delivering romance in story form, there's romance in you somewhere. But you're probably too sleep-deprived to see it, just now. 

*****

How about you? Are you a romantic? Who takes the title in your relationship of most romantic? I like to think it's me, but my Beloved is fluent in the language of romantic gesture. And I'm not complaining.

Comment below with your favourite romantic gesture, (yours or someone you know) and you'll be in the running to win a copy of Melissa's A Bride For Keeps

I'll announce the winner in the comment thread on Friday. But don't despair if you don't win. Today, I have a gift... for everyone. Melissa's offering the link to her novella, Love By The Letter.

Ink Dots friends Click Here for your free copy. 

Thanks for visiting, Melissa. Congratulations on your debut novel and growing family.

Happy reading everyone,