Monday, January 06, 2014

Amanda Cabot ~ With Autumn's Return


It's my pleasure to welcome Amanda Cabot to Ink Dots this week for my first author interview for 2014, and congratulate her on the release of her latest book, With Autumn's Return. 

From the time that she was seven, Amanda dreamed of becoming a published author, but it was only when she set herself the goal of selling a book by her thirtieth birthday that the dream came true. 

A former director of Information Technology, Amanda has written everything from technical books and articles for IT professionals to mysteries for teenagers and romances for all ages. She’s delighted to now be a fulltime writer of Christian historical romances.  Her Texas Dreams trilogy received critical acclaim; Christmas Roses was a CBA bestseller; and a number of her books have been finalists for national awards, including ACFW’s Carol award.  




With Autumn's Return ~ She’s planning on instant success. What she didn’t plan on was love.

When Elizabeth Harding arrives in Cheyenne to open a medical practice, she is confident that the future is as bright as the warm Wyoming sun. Certain she’ll have a line of patients eager for her services, she soon discovers the town may not welcome a new physician—especially a female one. Even Jason Nordling, the handsome young attorney next door, seems to disapprove of her chosen profession.

When a web of deceit among Cheyenne’s wealthiest residents threatens to catch Elizabeth and Jason in its snare, they must risk working together to save one of Elizabeth’s patients, even if it means falling in love.

Amanda says...

If I could explore anywhere in the world tomorrow... it would be the Barrier Reef.  My husband and I visited it for a few days as part of our 25th anniversary trip to Australia, and it was so wonderful that I’d like to return for at least a week.

The best thing I did today is... take time off from writing to share a pot of cocoa with my husband.  It’s cold and snowy, the perfect day for hot chocolate with marshmallows. Oh, I'm up to my neck in snow envy. To this Aussie girl, snow and pots of cocoa sound delightful. :)

A secret pleasure of mine is... making doll clothes. I love turning scraps of fabric into garments and accessories for American Girl-type dolls and then giving the dolls and their wardrobes to the local women’s shelter.

I wish I could relive the day when I... first met my husband-to-be. I remember many of the details, but others have faded.  (After all, it’s been a long time since we were in high school.) It would be fun to relive that day, especially knowing what the next chapters in our lives would bring. I love this answer, Amanda. I would love to relive that day too. My own Beloved... that is. :) 

When I was a child I dreamed I would... become a published author, and I did.  

I probably shouldn’t tell you this, but... I can’t carry a tune. I’ve always wanted to able to sing, but the only time my singing has been praised was when I was lip-syncing. Too funny. At least you can pretend well enough to fool the audience. 

*****

I'm offering a Kindle version of Amanda's With Autumn's Return to one lucky Ink Dots friend this week. To enter, tell us about a day you'd like to relive. I'll announce the winner in the comment thread, on Friday. 

Good luck and happy reading,