Monday, August 18, 2014

Jody Hedlund ~ Captured By Love


It's my pleasure to welcome Jody Hedlund to Ink Dots this week and celebrate her newest release, Captured By Love.

Jody is an award-winning historical romance novelist and author of the best-selling books, The Preacher's Bride, Unending Devotion, and A Noble Groom. She received a bachelor’s degree from Taylor University and a master’s from the University of Wisconsin, both in Social Work. Currently she makes her home in Michigan with her husband and five busy children. 

Captured by Love ~ The British Army has taken control of Michilimackinac Island and its fort, forcing the Americans to swear an oath of loyalty to the crown in order to retain their land. Pierre Durant is a fur trader who returns after being away from the island for years, only to find the family farm a shambles and those he cares about starving and at the mercy of British invaders.

Torn between the adventurous life of fur trading and guilt over neglecting his defenseless mother, Pierre is drawn deeper into the fight against the British--and into a relationship with Angelique MacKenzie, a childhood friend who's grown into a beautiful woman. She now finds herself trapped by the circumstances of war and poverty, and the cruelty of her guardian, Ebenezer Whiley.

As tensions mount and the violence rages on, Pierre and Angelique must decide where their loyalties rest and how much they'll risk for love.

Jody Says...
If I could explore anywhere in the world tomorrow, it would be... castles around England and Germany. I'm fascinated by old castles, knights, and daring damsels which is the setting of my young adult medieval series that is releasing with Harper-Collins Christian Publishing in March of 2015. How exciting! A medieval series! Congratulations. Lots of my author visitors are wishing for a trip to Europe. I don't blame them. My hand is up, too. ;)
The best thing I did today is... laugh with my kids over silly things and sit down altogether as a family and share fellowship during a meal. 
A secret pleasure of mine is... eating ABC (apple, blueberry, cherry) pie for breakfast. I love sitting down with a cup of coffee and piece of pie when the house is quiet! Pie for breakfast! That not only sounds delicious, but should probably be a daily requirement.  
I wish I could relive the day when I... ate my last dinner with my dad. He visited my home and had dinner with me three days before he died of a massive heart attack. In hindsight, I'm glad I had that last time with him.
When I was a child I dreamed I would... become a best-selling author. (It pays to never give up on your dreams!)
I probably shouldn’t tell you this, but... I'm the crazy cat lady. I have four cats that rule my house, walk on counters and tables, and basically do anything they want. I even baby-talk to them! Ha ha, we have a cat who rules his kingdom, too, Jody. :) From one cat-mama to another, I thank you for visiting with us this week and wish you every success with Captured By Love. 


*****

Jody has a copy of Captured By Love for one lucky Ink Dots visitor. If you'd like to enter, tell us one thing you know about medieval times. Many authors claim they're known as the dark ages for good reason. It's a difficult era to research. But medieval settings are becoming more and more appealing to readers. 

So what do YOU know? Share in the comment thread below and I'll pick one winner on Friday. 

Good luck and happy reading,