Tuesday, November 17, 2009



And the winners are....

Well, the results are in, and we have our winners in the
 "Name that Character" competition.
Many thanks to those who played the game with me last week and suggested names. You were great sports and I am thrilled you helped me out. As the days went by I found myself thinking about how I could use all the names. 
Yes, I bonded with these 'wannabe' characters and decided my nameless male and female characters needed a family as well. So it is with great pleasure I announce the Lynne family, Amos and Agnes, with their children Anthony, Esther and Irene. I did end up using more than I first promised and I guess that happens when you have a soft spot for the names and the real life people who inspired them.
All were written on slips of paper, put into a bowl and drawn under my own supervision. No bribery or corruption took place, and I was more then satisfied with the results! 

Now that we have our winners, I can safely say, those left in the blue bowl do not come away empty handed. They stay on the short list as standby names for those determined characters who sneak up on a writer while they are working, and insist they be written in. I just know Lady Laviah Darvell is lurking in the shadows. As is Adam Grenville. Does he sound like a school teacher to you? Is Matilda his wife or child? Something tells me they will let me know when the time is right.