Friday, March 16, 2012

March 16 - Sunglasses
Marchphotoaday

The day has come when I have to post a photo of something plastic. Not what I had in mind when I started this blog, about romance and all things yesteryear.

I could tell you all about the earliest wearers of 'sunglasses' - the bloodthirsty mobs who cheered on the gladiators and lions in ancient Rome. (True, they held coloured glass and gems to their eyes to fight the glare.)

But I don't want to go there. And why? Because I'm the sort of girl who likes to find romance in everything. Guilty of looking at the world through rose coloured glasses, am I. Not just the naive, life is beautiful, view, but real scenes as they appear before my eyes when I wear sunglasses.


Some years ago, I happened to buy rose tinted sunnies. No real reason. I probably paid more attention to the design than the lenses. But I did, really discover, the world around me looks markedly better with a layer of muted pink.

And a few silver hair accoutrements, a silk rose... under the glow of a lamp.

Ok. I'll stop there.

You may roll your eyes now. Only please, hide behind a dark pair of shades where I won't see, and all will be rosy.

Have a wonderful weekend.