Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Jalana Franklin

Jalana Franklin is my dearest writing sister and critique partner. Not only an inspired writer, Jalana's a beautiful musician, a devoted mother and wife, and a gifted artist. 

I had the privilege of bunking with Jalana at the ACFW conference a few years ago, but we'd become firm friends even before that. Sharing a room gave me the chance to learn how to talk like her kin... the good people of Tennessee. And boy did I have fun learning how to chop and twirl my words like the best of them. Her accent is amazing!!

Jalana's featured this week on Lena Nelson Dooley's blog. I thought my Ink Dots friends might like to see what Jalana's up to and the exquisite prize she and Lena are offering one lucky visitor. 

Me? Well, I'm already blessed. A good number of gift-parcels have crossed the Pacific between us and my writing room holds many of Jalana's handmade charms. From jewellery to paintings, I cherish every piece she's made and shared with me. 

But now it could be your turn. Go on... Have a look. :-)